My last blog urged everyone to closely read the labels on personal care and suncare products and this is especially true of “Pure Aloe” products. Oh forget the front labels that tout “pure aloe”, “healing gels”, “sunburn relief” ,,, and concentrate on the back labels even though they can be deceiving as well.
The first ingredient in all of these products will most likely be water. However, they don’t have to tell you how much of the formula is water and there is the rub. Most drugstore “Pure Aloe’s” are 75%-80% water. Add in an emulsifier, dies, fragrance and preservatives and that leaves precious little room for aloe. And, even though the bright green, blue or orange product you see in those stores might look pretty, that is NOT how nature makes aloe.
Compare that to Absolutely Natural’s Pure Aloe. AN Pure Aloe has nothing but Aloe, Tea Tree Oil, Eucalyptus (acts to cool the skin), Scelorium Gum to help thicken, Green Tea (an excellent anti-oxidant) ,Potassium Sorbate (natural preservative) and Vitamin E (anti-oxidant).
The results are amazing. Our Pure Aloe is great for sunburn, of course, but can also be effective for jellyfish stings, insect bites, skin irritation, kitchen burns as well as many, many more afflictions.
We have long time customers that share with us some pretty phenomenal testimonials for the product. First and foremost are the glowing positive comments about sunburn relief but we have some that use it for out of the ordinary causes. We have had a lot of feedback on how good it is for the scalp and we have at least one gentleman from Japan who uses it as a hair styling gel. We get a lot of feedback about how well it works as a deodorant. And, much more.
It uses are varied and its effectiveness is non-parallel. For decades, Emerson Hospital in Boston has used it on radiation patients to help soothe the horrendous burns that can result from treatment.
Below are some features of the two main ingredients in the product.
- Aloe Vera is a known vulnerary, (meaning it helps heal wounds) and is great for applying topically to burns, abrasions, psoriasis and even to bug bites.
- Aloe acts as an analgesic, acting to help relieve pain of wounds.
- Aloe Vera contains 12 substances, including B-sisterole, which can help to slow down or inhibit inflammation. This may be able to help with painful joints due to stiffness and help improve joint flexibility.
- Aloe is also an antipruritic: A substance that relieves or prevents itching.
- Aloe is antimicrobial: Thus eliminating many external infections, also active against bacteria. It also helps to treat fungal and viral infections
- Aloe Vera is an astringent: which causes the contraction of body tissues, typically used to reduce bleeding from minor abrasions.
- Aloe is a great way to hydrate, moisturize and rejuvenate the skin
- Aloe increases the elasticity of the skin making it more flexible through collagen and elastin repair.
- Aloe is an emollient, helping to soften and soothe the skin. It helps supply oxygen to the skin cells, increasing the strength and synthesis of skin tissue and induces improved blood flow to the skin through capillary dilation.
Tea Tree Oil
- Helps heal and soothe sunburns.
- Helps heal skin infections
- Relieves itchiness from rashes as well as helps reduce rashes.
- Good for acne treatment
- Treats athlete’s foot and toenail fungus
- Soothes insect bites.
- Treatspsoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Works as an antiseptic on small cuts.
Our Pure Aloe is a versatile product that has been in our medicine cabinet, refrigerator and part of our suncare regimen for nearly 25 years.