It boggles the mind that Valentine’s Day is already upon us. It is an interesting holiday credited with being started by the Romans hundreds of years ago. This might come as a big surprise to some of our younger followers who assume gift card manufacturers and chocolatiers invented Valentine’s Day.
Here are some interesting things to know about V-Day:
• About 1 billion Valentine's Day cards are exchanged in US each year. That's the largest seasonal card-sending occasion of the year, next to Christmas.
• Women purchase 85% of all valentines.
• In order of popularity, Valentine's Day cards are given to teachers, children, mothers, wives, sweethearts and pets.
• Parents receive 1 out of every 5 valentines.
• About 3% of pet owners will give Valentine's Day gifts to their pets.
• Valentine's Day and Mother's Day are the biggest holidays for giving flowers.
• Worldwide, over 50 million roses are given for Valentine's Day each year.
• California produces 60 percent of American roses, but the vast number sold on Valentine's Day in the United States are imported, mostly from South America. Approximately 110 million roses, the majority red, will be sold and delivered within a three-day time period.
• 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine's Day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
• Men buy most of the millions of boxes of candy and bouquets of flowers given on Valentine's Day.
• Richard Cadbury invented the first Valentine’s Day candy box in the late 1800s.
• The oldest surviving love poem till date is written in a clay tablet from the times of the Sumerians, inventors of writing, around 3500 B.C
• Amongst the earliest Valentine's Day gifts were candies. The most common were chocolates in heart shaped boxes.
• In some countries, a young woman may receive a gift of clothing from a prospective suitor. If the gift is kept, then it means she has accepted his proposal of marriage
Lots of options for gifts out there but the regular old standbys, candy or flowers really shows a lack of creativity and planning.
How about Absolutely Natural this year? Just think how appreciated a gift of beauty products would be. Something that will remind the recipient of the generosity and thoughtfulness of the giver every day. May we suggest our Organic Beauty Oil or Organic Beauty Crème? 13 equal parts of carefully selected organic oils chosen for the incredible benefit of the natural material. The result is a product that leaves skin, soft and supple, healthy and alive. Benefits include Anti-Aging, Free Radical Scavengers, Anti-Oxidants and Super Rehydrators.
There are many selections in our product catalog and anything you would choose will be a great Valentine’s Day gift.
Enjoy and Best regards,