Many of our Absolutely Natural products serve multiple uses, but our Pure Aloe Gel with Tea tree may be the Swiss Army Knife of our line.
Our Pure Aloe is great for sunburn, of course, but can also be effective for jellyfish stings, insect bites, skin irritation, kitchen burns as well as many, many more afflictions.
We have long time customers that share with us some pretty phenomenal testimonials for the product. First and foremost are the glowing positive comments about sunburn relief but we have some that use it for out of the ordinary causes. We have had a lot of feedback on how good it is for the scalp and we have at least one gentleman from Japan who uses it as a hair styling gel. We get a lot of feedback about how well it works as a deodorant. And, much more.
It uses are varied and its effectiveness is non-parallel. For decades, Emerson Hospital in Boston has used it on radiation patients to help soothe the horrendous burns that can result from treatment.
Unlike most “Pure Aloes” that are bright green or bright blue and in reality are 90% plus water, AN Pure Aloe has nothing but Aloe, Tea Tree Oil, Eucalyptus (acts to cool the skin), Scelorium Gum to help thicken, Green Tea (an excellent anti-oxidant) ,Potassium Sorbate (natural preservative and Vitamin E (anti-oxidant).
Below is listed a few of the properties of the two main ingredients in the product.
- Aloe Vera is a known vulnerary, (meaning it helps heal wounds) and is great for applying topically to burns, abrasions, psoriasis and even to bug bites.
- Aloe acts as an analgesic, acting to help relieve pain of wounds.
- Aloe Vera contains 12 substances, including B-sisterole, which can help to slow down or inhibit inflammation. This may be able to help with painful joints due to stiffness and help improve joint flexibility.
- Aloe is also an antipruritic: A substance that relieves or prevents itching.
- Aloe is antimicrobial: Thus eliminating many external infections, also active against bacteria. It also helps to treat fungal and viral infections
- Aloe Vera is an astringent: which causes the contraction of body tissues, typically used to reduce bleeding from minor abrasions.
- Aloe is a great way to hydrate, moisturize and rejuvenate the skin
- Aloe increases the elasticity of the skin making it more flexible through collagen and elastin repair.
- Aloe is an emollient, helping to soften and soothe the skin. It helps supply oxygen to the skin cells, increasing the strength and synthesis of skin tissue and induces improved blood flow to the skin through capillary dilation.
Tea Tree Oil
- Helps heal and soothe sunburns.
- Helps heal skin infections
- Relieves itchiness from rashes as well as helps reduce rashes.
- Good for acne treatment
- Treats athlete’s foot and toenail fungus
- Soothes insect bites.
- Treatspsoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Works as an antiseptic on small cuts.
Our Pure Aloe is a versatile product that has been in our medicine cabinet, refrigerator and part of our suncare regimen.