All this week has been Random Acts of Kindness Week (RAKW) and today February 18th) is the official Random Acts of Kindness Day (RAKD).
What can you do to make a difference? Here are five suggestions (from RAK web site):
- Do your neighbor a favor! Maybe they could use a hand shoveling snow, or maybe you could offer to babysit their kids for a night for free. It doesn't cost anything and would certainly brighten their day.
- Buy a stranger coffee. The next time you're in line at the coffee shop, make someone's day by offering to put their drink on your tab.
- Sign up to volunteer.There's nothing quite like giving your time to help someone in need. Maybe it's helping out at a homeless shelter, maybe it's tutoring kids at school near you. In every community there are wonderful people who just need a little of our help, do you have the time to meet them?
- Clean out your house and make a donation to a local charity. If you don't need it, chances are someone else might. Many organizations likely near you collect used but in good condition clothing and other household items.
- Make a donation to your local United Way. In every community, we're working to make sure that all people are able to live a good life. But we need money to fuel this engine, and your generosity and kindness is what makes that possible.
Simple suggestions. Very achievable and what a great feeling when you help someone.
Of course, we have our own suggestions as to noteworthy RAK suggestions. How about Absolutely Natural products as gifts for your loved ones? Or better yet, even a complete stranger?
I have an idea. Let’s make everyday a RAKD. Let’s make 2016 a RAKY. Heck, even a RAK Decade!
Changing the world one person at a time.